my applesauce pancakes went through a much healthier revamp. i modified the original recipe that i read from mr. breakfast.
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
3 tbsp wheat germ
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
dash of cinnamon & nutmeg (optional)
1/2 cup skim milk & 1/4 cup skim milk
3/4 cup applesauce
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/2 tsp vanilla (optional)
1 tbsp olive oil
1. soak oats in half a cup milk for 30 minutes.
2. in a bowl, mix flour, wheat germ, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon & nutmeg. set aside.
3. in another bowl, stir egg, applesauce, 1/4 cup skim milk, vanilla, olive oil & oats.
4. fold the wet mixture into the dry mixture. blend well.
5. pour batter in a pan & cook at medium-high heat. ready to serve when it's golden brown.
for me, it's easier to cook in the electric griddle at 300F. also, i don't like adding sugar in the mix. instead, avery & i love red raspberry spread with our pancakes [maple syrup with fruits is also great].