pancakes will always be a breakfast staple in our household [aside from french toast, of course]. i'm always on the lookout for great pancake recipes. and my favorite food blog just happens to have one. so here is my version of buttermilk pancakes adapted from baked bree.
- 1 c unbleached flour
- 2 c whole wheat flour
- 6 tbs honey
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 c buttermilk
- 1/2 c skim milk or more (optional - for thinner batter)
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 2 tsps vanilla
- 4 eggs
- dash of cinnamon & nutmeg (optional)
- in a bowl, whisk the wet ingredients. in another, whisk the dry ingredients.
- mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until the batter comes together. make sure not to over mix.
- pour batter onto a medium-high skillet. i use my electric griddle @ 300-350F.
- cook until golden brown. serve with maple syrup & fruits.