birthday cakes are fun but birthday cupcakes are more fun. to celebrate my mom's birthday, i baked this vanilla cupcakes for her.
- 2 sticks butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 c whole wheat flour
- 3/4 c all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 6 tbsp milk, room temperature
1. in a bowl, add all the ingredients (except the milk) & beat with a hand mixer.
2. pour milk & continue beating until smooth.
3. place batter in cupcake liners & bake in a preheated oven at 350F for 15-20 minutes.
as always, this recipe was inspired from one of my favorite blogs - baked bree. the original recipe should be topped with royal icing but i opted for vanilla buttercream frosting instead.
blowing the candles before midnight
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MoM!