i just love finding a recipe that i can whip up easily. it is also a big plus if it serves multiple occasions & uses ingredients that i already have at home.
i read this recipe from the styleberry blog yesterday. the simplicity of it all got me cooking right away.
1) line the saltines in a cookie sheet. [i used whole wheat saltines]
2) in a pan, melt butter then add sugar & stir until combined. [don't stir too long]
3) pour the mixture over saltines & spread evenly.
4) bake at 350F in a preheated oven for about 5 minutes or until bubbly. [watch closely]
5) remove from oven & pour chocolate chips on top. gradually spread the chips when it starts to melt.
6) cool completely until set. break into pieces.
i had fun breaking it up. i will make another batch tomorrow & use graham crackers.